Thursday, April 4, 2013

i love you...a tragedy

IRONY~
 
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
 
 
 
 
I love you…
It’s raining outside
I love you…
I’m hungry
I love you…
I woke up late again this morning
I love you…
I tried that when I was in college
I love you…
I went for a walk beneath the clouds
I love you…
I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up
I love you…
I want to live near the ocean
I love you…
I can’t swim
I love you…
I’m afraid of the dark
I love you…
I am quiet in the morning
I love you…
I am allergic to dust
I love you…
I have 2 siblings
I love you…
I doodle when I’m on the phone
I love you…
I get cranky when I am confused
I love you…
I sometimes sing myself to sleep
I love you…
I dream about everything that I am too afraid to try


I love everything about you!
I’m sorry, who are you?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


10 comments:

  1. ugh...a tragedy indeed if it's just words and not listening to the other or trying to see them...a sad irony..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sad. How common, I wonder, is this intense disconnect?
    I know I have experienced it.
    Sometimes we simply canot communicate on the same frequency.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so wrapped up in ourselves, aren't we? Depending on your beliefs, this is such a perfect exposition of the human condition and our relationship with our Creator. Alternatively, why is neither one of these people listening?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That final line was such a surprise. I read it not so much as disconnect as the voice of one person putting themselves down and the other expressing unconditional love. Good poetic irony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A creative piece of tragic miscommunication ~ Like that ending line, a twist on the words ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha. who are you...can i love you be the answer always? does it help us to overcome what we are...and is love so hard to accept? some thoughts that rambled out after reading...nice structure as well to convey the conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew, that really packs an ironic punch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a creative presentation. I especially like "I dream about everything that I am too afraid to try" and the last line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too often true. I like the way you did this. Really brings the message home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really relate to this piece, I spend so much of the time lost in my own world unable to pry myself free, unable to connect with or even interact with those on the outside (not for lack of desire I have to fight like hell to be present). I have many times been unable to recognize people that I know. I used to ace my tests this way I wouldn't even remember taking them and sometimes it would be a subject for which I have a significant disability like math. According to my husband I sometimes literally see through people if someone is completely blocking a sign I will still read it and he will be like there is someone standing in front of it how could you possibly see it and I will be like what person? Apparently I have very selective vision, I am a space case on a whole other level.

    ReplyDelete