Friday, April 26, 2013

New

This is an old song, from March 2004. Just put it up on Soundcloud. Can't wait to get these songs recorded 'for real'!
 
 
 
 
 
There was something, something in me broken
something crawled away and died.
A lost soul wandering down streets that had no name
the angel looked at me and cried, I wish you were new.
 
She said, I see that you are dying
that you have given up this fight.
You have succumbed to all the bitterness and hate
and you have walked away from life.
I wish you were new.
 
There was a moment when I heard you whisper~
There was a moment when I heard you scream~
And as I lay down on the broken pieces
I closed my eyes into a dream where I was new.
 
When I woke up the next morning
with ashes covering my skin.
The walls had fallen all around me
but the brightest sun was shining in
and I felt new.
 
In the moment when I heard you whisper~
In the moment when I heard you scream~
As I lay down all the broken pieces~
I took back my right to dream
and I was new.



No comments:

Post a Comment