Saturday, May 25, 2013

lost


interlaced, intertwined, connected

rooted deep, dug into the earth.

stretched between two places in time

yet similar battles have been undertaken.

fighting for the heart, fighting for the soul

fighting for the need to do what’s right.

fighting for truth, fighting for belief

fighting for the things that matter most.

separated now for reasons that seem unfair

gives a slightly surreal feeling to this day.

but real it is and deep it hurts

the pain, the driving force behind it all.

trying to understand just where the road bent

and sent me blindly running down this path.

chasing after what laid itself out before me

on this road I seem to have lost my way.

my compass and my maps are still intact

so I don’t understand just how I got so lost.

my skill at navigation always strong

has wavered and I’m not sure where I am.

dizzily spinning and tripping over everything

that comes across my path upon this road.

knees scratched and bleeding from the falling

over and over and over and over again.

I don’t know how to change direction now

to choose another path, a different road.

I never thought I’d find myself in a place

where everything was as beautiful as this.

but I’m not supposed to be here

and I have to find my own way home.

my own four walls need to protect me

and keep me safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment