Monday, July 2, 2012

It's funny...


It’s funny how things have ended up

not funny ‘ha ha’, funny, sad.

It’s funny how I can’t remember

the actual shape of your face.

It’s funny how I can only think

of the times when things were bad.

It’s funny that I can’t remember

anything being good.

It’s funny how with a grain of salt

your words echo through my mind.

It’s funny how we can tell such different stories

but the endings are both the same.

It’s funny how two people who were once so in love

now have nothing to say.

It’s funny how you were my family

and I will never see you again.

It’s funny how you said that you cared for me

when all you care for is you.

It’s funny how you never skipped a beat

and are now living a life with her.

It’s funny how she doesn’t see

 what is on the horizon for her.

It’s funny how you don’t seem to care either

as long as you got what you want.

It’s funny how we let people take us

from all that we know and love.

It’s funny how much we give away

when are standing next to all that we have lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment