Wednesday, November 2, 2011

New

New

There was something, something in me broken

something crawled away and died.

A lost soul wandering down streets that had no name

the angel looked at me and cried, I wish you were new.



She said, I see that you are dying,

that you have given up this fight.

You have succumbed to all the bitterness and hate,

and you have walked away from life.

I wish you were new.



There was a moment, when I heard you whisper

There was a moment, when I heard you scream

And as I lay down on the broken pieces

I closed my eyes into a dream

where I was new.



When I woke up the next morning

with ashes covering my skin

The walls had fallen all around me

but the brightest sun was shining in

and I felt new.


In the moment when I heard you whisper

In the moment when I heard you scream

As I lay down all the broken pieces

I took back my right to dream

and I was new.

No comments:

Post a Comment