Friday, April 27, 2012

Distance


It’s all coming so clear now

what I truly meant to you.

In the actions you chose, and the choices you made

it’s obvious now, nothing.

You wandered away from me twice

into the arms of anyone else.

You left me for nothing after all of this time

as easily as closing the door.

You were only as selfish

as I allowed you to be.

But you had such a way of making me feel

like I somehow owed that to you.

I never mattered more than anything else

I see it crystal clear now.

It was all about you from the very first day

in that car as we crossed the world.

Do you even know what I went through?

You never asked how it felt.

I didn’t know how to do any of this

I certainly never got any help.

I left a home where I hid away

and waited for time to pass.

I was turning to dust and you gallantly swept in

and thought you could save the day.

How did you plan to do that

when you knew nothing at all about me?

What made me cry in the hours late at night

and why I was afraid of the dark.

What did you see in me way back then?

I really want to know.

I’m still the same person, with the very same heart

you were the one who left.

I can’t even look at you now

with distance becoming my strength.

It was never, will never, be about me

just your need to be needed again.




No comments:

Post a Comment