Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Trying to get through today

The pain tears through me

with a force that leaves me breathless and shaking.

Tiny drops of blood leave a trail

from the broken pieces of my heart back to where we were.

You were the one I dreamed of

the one who lit my life with magic and fire.

You were the dream I had

before I ever knew your name.

Now you are gone and I am alone

more alone than I have ever been.

Now that I have loved you

I will never be the same again.

My heart cannot comprehend the fact

or understand why you have gone.

It can’t believe you don’t love me anymore

or why I have to be here now alone.

What did I not do?

Who did you want me to be?

Why was I not enough for you?

Do you really think this is not about me?

Of course it’s about me as much as it is you

my entire life is now changed.

You can say that you did what you needed to do

but still you did this to me.

The pain is searing, it wakes me at night

it hangs over, and chases me through the day.

I just can’t imagine my life without you

I’m just trying to get through today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment