Saturday, January 7, 2012

Knocking

I can’t make the sound of silence

I can‘t make the sound of alone.

Perhaps it is a cold steel

tap, tap, tap

the knocking of no one being home.

Tap, tap, tap on the window

brightly lit, colors and sounds.

Tap, tap, tap

as my footsteps walk past

I can’t walk through that door on my own.

As I seek out points of interest

or things that might entertain

I tap, tap, tap on the keys of this board

in my search for a place of my own.

There is nothing here, nothing for me

as I wonder just where I should go

I can tap, tap, tap

I can rap, rap, rap

on this door but no one is home.

* For dVersepoets.com Onomato-Poetics *


4 comments:

  1. so sad....alone is so sad...hopefully the narator will find that place...i have hope...smiles. nice capture in teh sounds though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yes, the tapping and the rapping are great sounds for this poem. reminds me of the sadness in Poe's The Raven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how you see tap tap as the sound of silence


    bumble bee

    ReplyDelete