Friday, January 13, 2012

Passing Time

Time moves swiftly

in moments, lifetimes change.

Hours, minutes, seconds pass,

nothing will be the same again.

Now as I watch you sitting here

time is standing still.

So I can take in every second of it

and remember everything I feel.

I used to be able to touch you

across this table reach out my hand.

Now I sit here waiting for separate checks

and this evening to come to an end.

A plan has now been decided

 a list of ‘to do’s” in each hand.

As I check off another thing on the list

I bury another piece of my heart in the sand.

I don’t know how to look at you

like you are no longer mine.

The memories are angry and screaming at me

they are not ready to die.

I don’t know how to not kiss you,

and lay down with you at each night’s end.

I don’t know how to not love you

but I guess in time I will learn.

I am broken and bleeding, I am raw and unhinged

 I am small and I am oh, so tired.

I am trying to stand up tall and be strong

I am trying to find my way to the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment