Saturday, March 7, 2020

Mercy

the spiraling, spinning maze of confusion
stirs itself into the mix of anguish and pain
and aching emptiness
at the bottom of an empty well
a terror so strong it shakes me
at the core of who I am
kneeling in front of an open window
as tears explode from my eyes
I listen for something tangible
as the wind moves through the trees
I listen to the chiming melodies
for the unspoken sound of a word

the key is willingness…
that is the message today
the answer is somewhere in the silence
in the idea of faith

I don’t want to know only the ‘idea’
but still the questions come
and in the cold wind filling my room
I rock back and forth and cry
help me to let go of this pain
of this fear that grips my chest
help me learn to breathe
like the leaves falling from the trees
help me carry this weight
as I buckle beneath the task
I am on my knees
help me, help me please
I don’t know your name
or if I can recognize your face
but I can willingly concede
that there is no other way out of this
in the quiet chill of this morning
as the birds sing to me from the trees
I am willing to surrender
please, have mercy on me…



No comments:

Post a Comment