Friday, March 20, 2020

Increments - 30 days


measured moment by moment

but praised by increments of time

I wonder about the rigidity

because it doesn’t make sense to me

slogans and phrases repeated

almost a mantra of shame

the price of admission, surrender

as if that erases the pain

I sit here now in this moment

the river still flowing past

nothing remains, the world moves by

letting the silence seep in

feeling every feeling imaginable

and still feeling nothing at all

this milestone, solitary

feeling like anything else

this is mine, this is for me

I know and I understand

I thought I would find some connection

a different kind of peace

30, 60, 90 days

will it ever feel different than this

just as I conquer everything

the forward steps never cease

the river flows in ripples

nothing disrupts its path

it may change its course or the landscape

but it will find a way

I feel like the river today

as 30 days trickle by

the tiniest splash, imperceptible sound

and the water is flowing again







No comments:

Post a Comment