Sunday, March 29, 2020

You Are My Sunshine



“you are my sunshine…”




the words of that simple tune

turn over and over in my mind

a song that has been sung countless times

but still in my ears it feels new

the magical feeling washing over me

has me seeing life for the first time

through the eyes of a child, those wiser now

but this innocence is filled with delight

I vacillate between these emotions

this roller coaster ride

between this ache in my heart from missing you

and the joy that I have you to miss

I spend so much time lately

feeling simply stunned and amazed

that this unbelievable gift I’ve been given

is truly mine to hold

I notice how often my hands shake

and the flutter within my heart

and the strength that fills my soul

when I hold you in my arms

I wake up early each morning

and spend time in grateful thought

thankful for the simple moments

that I get to spend with you

life is filled with challenges

with hills and mountains to climb

insurmountable though it may seem at times

I feel you by my side

today you are thousands of miles away

but I know the touch of your hand

I know the sound of your voice

as it whispers in my ear

so this morning in quiet reflection

I am celebrating you

the love of my life, my beautiful girl

I am so in love with you

No comments:

Post a Comment