Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Solitary Steps


I know we’re not meant to be solitary

creatures living alone.

I know we’re meant to live and laugh

and love and share ourselves.

I know we’re not made for countless,

endless, lonely days.

I know we’re meant to be amongst

within and in between.

I am moving through this time

apart from everyone.

Creating the illusion

that I am alive and doing well.

This is how it’s going to be

for me forever more.

I just can’t take the chance again

I can’t let someone in.

There’s nothing left of trust,

nothing left of hope.

Nothing left of the dreamer

who believed in everything.

I’m simply moving forward

into what, I’ve no idea.

Just steps that follow each other

that take me from here to there.

I don’t feel anything anymore

except that ever present ache.

The place where resides a giant hole

where everything fell away.

No comments:

Post a Comment