Sunday, October 7, 2012

It is real




So this is the sum of the parts of us

this is all there is.

Just some lines written down on a page

and even they are becoming scarce.

There is nothing new here that I can say

nothing I haven’t said before.

It is the simple fact that I miss you,

well, I miss who I thought you were.

Your brother called me the other day,

it’s been a long time since I’ve heard his voice.

He is just a child and he doesn’t know

that I don’t want to hear about you.

I don’t want to know what you’re doing

 or where you’re going to be.

I don’t want to ever hear your name again

but I can’t disappear on him.

It brought up so many emotions

as I have also just moved away.

Away from the life that we once shared together

that is now just some random memory.

I don’t want to think about you anymore

I want to forget everything.

I want to forget your face and the way that I loved you

but I just can’t make it go away.

I hate you for what you did to me

I hate you because you lied.

You had every chance to do the right thing

and you chose to do what you did.

That will never go away for me

and it will always be a pain that I feel.

The fact that you of all people could do that to me

it still just doesn’t seem real.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment