Sunday, December 2, 2012

Misery


That tale about misery and company

I know for a fact it’s not true.

I am deep in the heart of misery

and would much rather be alone.

I can’t seem to get out from under it

so I decided to just dig in.

And go deeper down into the hole

until I just can’t find my way out.

Drowning and drenched in the numb

trying hard to become blind.

Maybe deaf and dumb as well

I don’t need anything else getting in.

I don’t feel very strong anymore

each day a little less.

I don’t know how I even got to this place

or made it through the last year.

I’m liking the dark more and more

staying up most nights.

Avoiding sleep as it only brings dreams

and I don’t believe in them anymore.

Today I want to get out of this hole

really just for vanity’s sake.

I don’t want to go back from where I’ve been

and the only way out is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment