Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Anymore


Space, time and distance don’t seem to mean anything

when I can’t get away from myself.

I can’t get away from these feelings

and they are beating me to the floor.

I’m tired of missing you

tired of feeling the loss.

Tired of all of the things that I know

wishing for ignorance and bliss.

How could you just disappear,

walk away and just be done?

I guess that’s the hardest part to take

how little I meant to you.

It’s broken down my spirit

my sense of pride and self.

That you just left like it was nothing

when it was everything to me.

I know it doesn’t just go away

but I wish to god it would.

I just don’t know where it’s supposed to go

and how I can leave it there.

It doesn’t matter to anyone, I know,

and the only one hurting is me.

The only one grieving, the only one mourning

and that still doesn’t take it away.

The anger is still eclipsed by the pain

the disgust still consumed by the loss.

The heart is simply still broken

I just wish it didn’t hurt anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment