Monday, June 25, 2018

stories of the story


With her strange little sing song way

of wrapping her voice around words

She told me that I should have hope

and I tried to push her away

She found this somehow endearing

some sort of challenge for her to take on

And for four years and some odd few months

she never left me alone

She said she always knew

that she was fated to come to me

I only knew that I loved her

with a force I had never known

It was such an adventure, our time

limitations forcing us to dig

To reach into ourselves, our thoughts, our minds

to create a world where we could live

We set stages and painted backdrops

we wrote soundtracks and themes

I sang to her and she played for me

and the words flowed in reams

The poetry that she pulled from me

measures only the depth of the soul

That together we came to trust

and fearlessly learned to grow

~

She is gone now

and I feel the death that took her

It watches me from the shadows

from the dark corners of the room

I hear its laughter late into the night

the time, when she would come to me

I hear its snicker, its giggle of delight

because now it has her

It tempts and taunts me to join them

to creep into those corners

It leaves me crumbs of memories

and the echo of the sound of her voice

In the beginning, she fought

fiercely, she clung to life

She created in both our minds

a world where she wanted to live

But with the ticking hands of time

the Amazon grew weary

Her stamina and steam

becoming a slow, and gentle burn

She came to me less often

in the wee small hours of night

Where she once upon a time

kept me sleepless for days on end

She was quieter then

as the dusk settled in

No longer demanding

that her hunger be fed

That sing song voice once so musical

lost its lilt in the effort for breath

She became fragile and weary yet still

she comforted me until the end

She left me in quiet silence

I don’t know the exact day or time

The last words she wrote to me

still sick, getting better, trying…

for my muse

No comments:

Post a Comment