Thursday, January 16, 2020

Her Laughter




it erupts suddenly and seemingly from nowhere

but it is rooted in the deepest parts of her

it is born deep in her core

and it shakes her as it explodes

there is a warning sign, nothing short of a whisper

but you will only catch the slightest glimpse

and you have to know what to look for

you have to be paying attention



paying attention…

her favorite form of currency

she believes in the investment

and the worth that those moments hold



the signs, as I said, are there

a soft and subtle inhale

drawing strength for what is about to come

for the inevitable and unending cacophony of sounds

as she inhales, there is a twinkle that flashes

just on the edge where the azure bleeds into

the pure white of her eye

it sparkles like the sunrise on the sea

that shimmer begins to multiply

like a thousand diamonds glistening

and my eyes begin to dance

following those bright flashes

the second sign begins at the top of her cheek

just below the outer corner of her eye

the skin rises into a half circle

accentuating the sparkle with its curve

the movement slowly spreads across her face

the deep blush of her lips

follows her cheeks as they turn up at the corners

and the sound takes its shape

as I watch her, everything in her changes

her face begins to open

like a flower as it blooms

the beauty nearly knocking me to my knees

the musical lilt of her voice

flooding my ears and my senses

the gasping breaths moving in and out of her

fueling this glorious sound

it shakes her visibly

tears form in the corners of her eyes

never eclipsing the shimmer and shine

only adding to the beautiful glow

it is infectious and overcomes me as well

and I cannot control myself

the sounds escape me

echoing in harmony the music she makes

as her breathing slows

she regains her composure

the smile becoming softer

but her eyes never change


I am stunned and dazzled

and my eyes simply stare


this is what I see, this is what I hear

when she laughs




No comments:

Post a Comment