Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Spiral


smudged windows
cause the light to shift
and static scrapes
 inside my ears
there is pressure in my brain tonight
something trying to push its way out
it causes my heart to race slightly
letting the discomfort spread
from the center of me
out through my limbs
there is agitation, irritation
I am wholly unsettled
images and words are pounding
in echoes through my head
shame, regret, give it a name
though it matters not what you call it
the stinging, slow burn
exists like a haunted sprite
I almost feel like a demon today
a goblin, something dark
I can’t shake the sinking feeling
that I have done something wrong
this roller coaster pattern
that has defined my emotion for months
is slowly dragging me up again
the to point where it lets me drop

No comments:

Post a Comment