Friday, December 27, 2019

She




she brings colour

to my sometimes-stifling greys

she is bright and she is warm

and she shines in deep rich tones

she is wild and she is bold

and in sharp and striking contrast

she is soft

gentle and tender in her touch

when I am strong

she stands beside me beaming

she looks at me as if

I am something magnificent to behold

and when I am feeling small

she holds me to her chest

she nuzzles her way into my heart

and loves me back to life

she, like a star, shines brightly

amidst the dark that sometimes surrounds me

she twinkles and shimmers

and she lights my way

she, in her deeper hues,

is raw and free

she is intimately intense

and I constantly crave her

she is graceful and she moves

in and around me with tantalizing skill

she learns with a voracious appetite

all of the pieces of me

she teaches me, every day

with a heart that has no boundaries

she is showing me how to believe

in unconditional love

she reminded me with her simple gaze

that I had forgotten who I was

she saw me through the haze

when I could not see myself

No comments:

Post a Comment