Friday, December 6, 2019

Duality


caught somewhere in between

the warring sides of myself

there is a duality, a mirror

conflicting sides of a whole

the difference between me and me

and the faces I wear through the day

are beginning to blur in my vision

and in the lines across my face

I am empty so often these days

wearing the mask of strength

I’ve worn it so often, for so long

I’d forgotten what lay underneath

I’ve gone so long without feeling

without allowing anyone in

that my heart had begun to atrophy

internally turning to dust

behind that measured wall of strength

behind the proverbial mask

is a tiny little pulp of a heart

with traces of blood-stained hands

I don’t know which side is me anymore

the strong or the broken shell

I live constantly in the reflection

the duality of my soul




No comments:

Post a Comment