Saturday, January 4, 2020

Abundance and Joy


thoughts on abundance and joy

overflowing fullness

and the emotion

of great delight

it’s simple, truly

and as I recall

one day she thought

simple would not be enough

I believe and I have discovered

that simple is the life that I want

simple purity, simple truth

and the absolute simplicity of love

while it is true enough

that love can be complex

and love can be complicated

and well, I can be those things too

it is also true that joy lies

in the sparkle of her eyes

that bliss can be found

in the sweetness of her smile

and I have discovered

 the meaning of abundance

in the love that she showers

 upon me

to simply sit next to her

in the space of any room

and there is nothing more

I could wish for

to listen to her stories

to the tales of her life

and to be able to

hold her hand

to be uninterrupted

by the rest of the world

in a continuous state

of connection

to sneak quietly away

to our place in the clouds

where our bodies speak with the passion

of our voice

joy is simple

abundance, plain

both exist without

even a thought

our connection is as easy

as breathing

and only grows deeper

in the time spent apart

my desire for her

in unmeasured

and my need for her

makes me want

I want to live this abundant life

I want to fill and be filled

I want to give her the joy

that she constantly gives to me

I want her to know

without hesitation

that there are no doubts

in my mind

that I have committed to myself

who I will be for her

and I will give my all

as she gives everything to me

I want to thank her for believing

so long before I knew

that she was the girl who would have my heart

and I’ll never let her go







No comments:

Post a Comment