Thursday, July 11, 2019

Rainbow Bouquet


I awoke with a shot

not sure where I was

music was playing softly

“imagine there’s no heaven”

the feeling of dread was heavy on my chest

my breath caught as I coughed

the room was brightly lit

and I had forgotten where I was

years have passed now

since this journey began

years since I have been so alone

walking down this road

there was a respite

a brief moment in time

where everything stopped

and I saw you

you caught my eye

like a bouquet of balloons

ready to launch

into the adventure of a lifetime

you blew gently and easily

as if nothing disrupted your flight

you drifted slowly and lazily

letting your colour dazzle my eyes

I was lost in the blur

caught in the midst of a rainbow

feeling the warmth

just before a rain



now the rain has stopped
the ground is dry and cracked
the air has grown too still
and the colour has faded to grey



Photo by Susie Clevenger









7 comments:

  1. "You caught my eye / like a bouquet of balloons" something colourful and unexpected in an otherwise grey day. Only to be let go drift away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Those moments of color so treasured to usurped by gray is so powerfully painful. Beautiful writing! thank you so much for taking part in the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. caught in the midst of a rainbow - I would love to feel those colors upon my shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so poignant!💖 I love; "I was lost in the blur caught in the midst of a rainbow feeling the warmth just before a rain."😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrea, this is beautiful. Life is like this, beautiful and wonderful moments, each poised for its letdown. Don't we all wish for the beautiful balloons and the rains and then though, a rainbow that would keep its promises. Sad, I have tears.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. You not only walked into the photo but through it, holding a "rainbow bouquet."

    ReplyDelete