Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Stride ~ the idioms























~to hit one's stride~

each day with intent
forging a path to somewhere
preparing and plotting a course
then literally setting out on foot
stretch and warm the muscles
tighten the strings on my shoes
the lean slightly forward
and begin with the first step
the breeze against my face
and the rhythmic sound of my feet
is becoming a soundtrack of motion
the only thing accompanying me
as muscles start to burn
and breath strains in my lungs
I focus all of my thoughts
and stride and breath become one
standing tall, shoulders back
deep and full inhale
exhale hard, making room
for new air to fill my lungs
speed is not of any note
as I face a steep incline
distance is the measure
as I lean into the hill
at the precipice a sharp inhale
the path before me levels out
my steps propel me forward
and I find a steady stride



~to take it in stride~

practice daily, center yourself
 with intent and an earnest plan
read and pray and focus
and then open your eyes to see
train your body, train your mind
feed your spirit and your soul
relish the ache that you feel in both
as the dormant parts of you wake
open your eyes with possibility
this is the first time this moment has ever been
before the weight of the world descends
revel in the simple joys
sunrise, singing birds, the quiet of your mind
the simplicity of your soul
the moments before the world awakes
there is plenty of time each day
to feel what life will present
to find the appropriate reactions
and make the required change
but in the first moments of morning
in the first breaths you breathe
steel yourself with the strength
and the take the day in stride











No comments:

Post a Comment