Saturday, May 5, 2012

Dark


There is a vast, vacant emptiness

that is filling me from the inside out.

I am void and hollow and I just don’t care

about any of this anymore.

I make it through one day and move to the next

simply passing time.

Waiting for something, always waiting for something

but nothing ever comes.

I am tired of being here

tired of being me.

I am weary and spent and sick of it all

I would love just to disappear.

Fall from the surface onto the floor

and seep between the cracks.

Draining into oblivion

and never coming back.

I don’t care, I really just do not care

about any of this anymore.

I don’t know the rules, I can’t play the game

I don’t even know what it’s for.

Trying and giving and loving and caring

with all that you have to give.

Leaves you with nothing and it’s never enough

yet you are supposed to continue to live.

For what and why, to do it again?

I don’t want it anymore.

I don’t want the loss that inevitably follows

me giving away my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment